Agenda April 9, 2020
April 06, 2020
GUM SPRINGS WATER SUPPLY CORP.
BOARD OF DIRECTOR’S MONTHLY MEETING
Thursday April 9, 2020
Notice is hereby given that the Gum Springs Water Supply Corp. will convene for a Regular Meeting at the Corporation office located at 714 Mt Pleasant Rd., Hallsville, TX at 12:00 p.m. Any guests or members are welcome to attend this meeting; however, due to COVID-19 social distancing recommendations and Governor Greg Abbott’s Executive Order No. GA 08, Gum Springs WSC would request and recommend that no visitors attend this meeting so as to stay below Governor Abbott’s mandate of no more than 10 people being gathered together in one location. Items to be presented are as follows:
- Call to Order.
- Roll Call of Directors and establish a quorum.
- Welcome and recognize visitors and guests.
- Receive public comments and/or any written correspondence from Gum Springs WSC Members and take any necessary action regarding same.
- Consider and Approve Resolution Declaring Unopposed Candidates for Board of Directors Election.
- Consider and Approve Order of Cancellation of April 28, 2020 Election of Board of Directors.
- Receive/Discuss and Take Any Necessary Action Regarding the Appointment of Stacey Weaver to complete resigning Board Member Leon Foster’s term for 2020.
- Receive/Discuss and Take Any Necessary Action Regarding final approval and execution of CCN Decertification Agreement with the City of Longview, Texas and presentment of same to the TCEQ and/or PUC for processing.
- Consider items of Old/New Business to be placed on April, 2020 Agenda.
The Board of Directors is authorized by the Texas Open Meetings Act to convene in closed or executive session for certain purposes. These purposes include receiving legal advice from its attorney (Texas Government Code 551.071); discussing real property matters (551.072); discussing gifts and donations (551.073); discussing personnel matters (551.074); or discussing security personnel or devices (551.076). If the Board of Directors determines to go into executive sessions will be held and will identify the item to be discussed and provision of the Open Meetings Act that authorizes the closed or executive session.